Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Drumroll Please...Introducing...

Caden Jeffrey Winters

A whopping 6 lbs 13 oz and 18" long
Sunday, April 26, 2009 @ 1:22 PM

The Details:
Sunday morning, I started having a few contractions around 6:30 AM, about 7:00 AM I said to Ben that I thought I was in labor...but wasn't for sure since the contractions were kind of sporadic and coming at different intensities. I decided that a few were hurting more and that we definitely needed to get the kids ready go to a friend’s house. You would think I would have this all figured out by my 4th child. By 8:30 AM, we went to the hospital, but walked around outside because I still wasn't sure. Once we decided to check in, I found out I was already dilated to a 7. I don't know if it was psychological, because after that, the contractions really started to hurt. But, once I got my epidural...life was great! Took a nap, relaxed, hung out for a while. I love who ever invented the epidural! Even the after pains didn't hurt at all. The only hiccup was that Caden was stuck and I had to push for 1 1/2 hours. I was pretty tired by the end of it. During the last push, they used a vacuum to help get him out. Don't worry; he only had a cone head for a little bit! The recovery was just great, and Teya, Kali, and Chris are all excited for their little brother. Now all he has to do is sleep through the night! wink!

I must add that Ben and Popo (grandma dong) have been wonderful. I haven't had to lift a finger once (except for Caden that is). I love Benjamin so much, he's the best husband and father!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Britt said...

Congratulations. He is darling. Looks just like a Winters!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. I agree with Britt, he looks like he belongs. I miss you mamie, good luck with everything!

Emily said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! He is adorable!

Jennifer said...

Let me also add my congrats. You all look great. Thanks for sharing your happy news with us.

ashley g. said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations- so happy for the whole family! And hooray for the epidural!! Welcom little Caden- you are amazing.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! He is so cute. I love the family picture, you all look so excited. Caden sure is lucky to have your family!

Tringali Family said...

What a cute family! I love you Wintz! (Its guy love.)

The Favorite said...

So Handsome!
Way to go on having 4. You are amazing parents and we wish you all well. (Good luck on sleeping through the night too.)

Seth & Courtney said...

Holy Cow, he is so adorable! Congratulations guys, I'm so happy for you. And if you figure out how to talk him into sleeping through the night, please let me in on the secret!

Sarah said...

Congrats! He is so cute!!

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

Mamie, you look way too great for just having a baby! Couldn't you have messed up your hair or something...you make it look way to easy :) Congrats! Miss you guys!

p.s. Just arrived in C.O. to start externs...there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Rebekah said...

He is so adorable, just like all your other beautiful babies! Congratulations!

Nostrebor said...

Hey guys! Nice work! Kids are awesome. I hope he's a little more rambunctious than I remember your other kids being. ;)

Reese said...

CONGRATS! We were in Yakima last weekend and I saw your hubby with the older 3 kids at church. When we're back in three weeks maybe we can swing by and see your house and this new adorable addition. Gosh...you guys make freaking cute kids!!! Hope you are doing well!

Brandon and Celia said...

What a cutie (as usual)! Good work Mamie! I'm glad you had an epidural for the 1 1/2 hour push! Four kids now - wow! You guys are great and we miss you a ton!

Shaillé said...

Congratulations you guys! What a beautiful family you have! By the way, I'm with you on the epidural Mamie. Ever since I had one with Matthew's birth, I've always said that the epidural is one of the greatest inventions known to womankind. ;)