Sunday, August 31, 2008
I'm a bad parent.
Yep it's official, I'm a bad parent. Today Christopher was on the counch and fell off and hit a chair. He has a goose egg the size of a quarter on his forehead...poor kid. And if that wasn't bad enough, it gets worse. So, I was on the phone and I heard a thump, thump, thump. I thought Teya had fallen down the stairs...I run over, nope, it was Christopher who fell down the entire flight of stairs. One thing is for sure, he's a boy. He cried for a second, then wanted to get back on those stairs and play. He had broken down my baricade I had for him at the top of the stairs. Man, he's getting more mobile every second! We finally just installed a gate at the bottom of the stairs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hate to break it to you, but if this is just happening with your third kid than you are definitely NOT a bad parent. Our oldest is pretty cautious so she's never fallen down the stairs, but there have been plenty of goose eggs and blood to go around. One day she got a huge fat lip from the kitchen counter, fell out of her high chair onto the floor, and fell into the table. Good to hear that he's tough!
You aren't a bad parent! I know PLENTY of people who kids have accidents... you can't watch them every second!
Stephanie, I agree. Somebody please take my child away from me (who got STITCHES from falling a flight of stairs) and give her to Mamie. At least she won't be scarred for life with a Mom like Mamie.
You are too cute- you are NOT a bad parent, every kid falls (multiple times) throughout the day. That's amazing he broke through that though. I LOVE looking at your pictures - the haircuts are beautiful!
(Eliza)
You are not a bad parent. As you know my Emmy has taken a couple of tumbles down the stairs. Kids can be so resilient.
Post a Comment