We know where we are finally going to be...yep...Yakima, WA. It is a small town in the great northwest that is centered directly 3 hours from Ben's family and my family. So, it's a good compromise. Plus, it's in the part of the state that doesn't rain very much (a lot like Utah weather). We're really excited! Ben's got a really good job up there as an optometrist. We're planning on renting for a few months, then looking for a house to buy. Get this, since the economy has been down, the housing market has tanked...except for...yep you guessed it...Yakima. Lucky us!
We are really surprised at how wonderful our stay has been in Utah for these last six months. Wow, the time flies by. We have visited friends we haven't seen in years (some from our freshman days in college), as well as many close relatives. It has been so fun catching up with everyone.
Of course, we couldn't have left Utah without going to a BYU football game! Get this...thanks to my Uncle Stuart, we went to the homecoming game, 50 yard line, and they gave us free hot chocolate (that's the girls favorite part). It was so much fun!


10 comments:
Yay! That is exciting that you have a job. We are still looking... The girls looked darling in all the pictures.
Good luck getting everything settled up in Yakima! We're happy for you guys! And jealous about the BYU game...haha. So fun - and the girls look so cute! I love how you even painted Y's on their faces. :)
Really though. Just say the name of your city- that should make you happy!! "Ya-ki-ma." Just gives me the warm fuzzies when I say it. :)
I am glad that you are getting settled in (at least until you move again). Best of luck with the new job- we miss having you around! And you are right- no experience is complete without a BYU football game and hot chocolate.
How fun! Congrats on the job!
Your kids are so adorable. Its been too long since we have see eachother. I will need your address for Christmas cards of course. Email me at manders780@yahoo.com. Yakima! Whoooooo that will be a nice place. You know that Chris Apkens parents live there.
Congrats on the job and getting to finally settle down...I'm a bit jealous since we are still years from that point! Yakima is only an hour away from where Brian's parents live in Richland. We actually have made many a trip to Yakima just to eat at the best burger place in the state--Miners. So make sure that you give it a try once you arrive; the burgers are the size of Texas!! And we will definitely have to meet up next time we are there! Take care, we miss you guys!
I hope your move goes well! That will be so great to be close to all your family!
I need your address. I'm thinking I better make Christmas cards or at least start thinking about it now that it's december. Email me: amberpitt at gmail dot com
I need your new address for Christmas cards, could you send it to me at rebekahtuttle@hotmail.com. Thanks!
I forgot if you want to see my blog you'll have to email me at srhanthony@yahoo.com.
Post a Comment