Sunday, July 14, 2013

Chris' 6th Birthday

When I asked Chris what kind of birthday party he wanted this year....I was so excited when he said he wanted a MOVIE birthday party.  I thought sweet, the kids will just watch a movie.  They did play a couple of little games to earn tickets for the concession stand - bean bag toss for popcorn, dinosaur bowling for a pop, then they had to pop a balloon filled with tickets for candy!  Once they had their tickets, they bought all their goodies for the movie.  Chris wanted to watch "Spy Kids 2".  The kids used their tickets throughout the movie to buy candy (I think this was their favorite part).  




I was most proud of the cake.  I have to say it turned out better than I expected.  After I cut out the shape of the cake, I wrapped it in white fondant, then painted red lines on it (at first I tried to make the lines with a fruit roll-up or licorice  but that didn't work, so I just painted it with food coloring).  I invited the troops (my kids) to help make the "popcorn".  It's pretty cool, you just take mini marshmallows  rip it into 3 parts, then squish them back together again.  Then I painted yellow "butter" on to it.  It was all worth it when Chris said, "Mom, that was an AWESOME party...thanks so much!".  



I was so proud of Chris, he was so thankful for all his presents.  Earlier in the day, we surprised him with his new bike.  He loved it!  So his brother got his old bike, now they all can ride bikes..YAY!






1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Love the cake! Great job! What a fun party.