Monday, June 30, 2008

We love Utah!

Ok, so I admit it, I was a little weary of coming to Utah...but I was wrong. There is so much to do here. Everywhere we go there's a playground. It is nice to be in a family oriented place (ie. highchairs at every fast food place). We have been having a lot of fun.


It's nice living close to family. We eat lots of meals together. And right next to Ben's sister's house is a waterpark...and we love to go there all the time.


This was a teddy bear picnic and play (with lots of arts and crafts afterwards).They have activities 2x a week here at the library...and they make them real fun!


We got to take the girls and their cousin to a carnival...their first one. They loved all the nice slow rides. But, I think they liked the cotton candy the most!

Before...



After.




We have been trying to find a new hike to go on each week. It's just so beautiful here with and endless supply of hiking trails. Our kids just love to be outside.

13 comments:

Britt said...

Oh, Mamie. I love that you have a blog. So good to get caught up with you guys. Congrats on graduation...selling the house...moving to Utah...planting a garden. You guys are do darling. I can't believe how big your kids are. Love ya.

Rebekah said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun! We miss our favorite neighbors, I have no one to go borrow eggs from anymore!

Emily said...

Your kids are all so cute! I am glad you like Utah! I see why you miss your old bathroom -- it was so pretty!

The Favorite said...

So Happy to hear from you again!!! You have such an amazing family and you're all so beautiful. I'm jealous that you get to be in Utah with family. We still love it here in the East, but we're glad that you're done with school now too!
Glad you got a Blog so we can keep better track of each other.
Lots of Love,
Eliza

The Favorite said...

Oh, I forgot to ask is it's alright with you if I add your blog to mine?

Seth & Courtney said...

Hi Ben & Mames! I must agree that I am so glad you have a blog now too! I think about you guys often and this will make it so much easier to keep tabs on each other!

Congrats to Ben on graduation. What a big change to be back in Utah, but like you said nice to have the family friendly environment. I think Louisiana is super friendly but no place is as FAMILY friendly as Utah! And from the sound of it you are enjoying every minute of it!

Stephanie said...

Congrats to Ben on his graduation! I am glad you are loving Utah so much, but don't get too attached because you have to move back to WA so we can see each other again! I think Gina feels the same way :) Your family is adorable and I am glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch better. We have come a long way since freshman year!

Brandon and Natalie said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time in Utah. We miss you!

Shaillé said...

Hey guys!!! Welcome to Utah!!! And congrats again Ben on graduatin! You blog is great - we love blogging (Shaille's better at updating ours and checking others then I am...) it's so much easier to stay in contact with people. Anyway, we need to get together sometime - I know you guys are busy but let us know when your schedule calms down a bit and we'll have you over. Love, Casey and Shaille
(caseyandshaille.blogspot.com).

ashley g. said...

Hooray, hooray! Welcome to the blogging world. We are thrilled to have you here!! So sorry Old Neighbors (we do feel bad for you), but at the same time, we are glad to have the Winter's back in good ol' Utah.

Jenn said...

Hey, I just found your blog! Your girls are getting so big and I can hardly believe how big Christopher looks! I'm glad you're enjoying UT. We're here too and we're right by IKEA if you ever need a pit stop! Glad things are going well.

Reese said...

Mamie...so happy to see you blogging!! Your kids ARE growing up so fast!! Wasn't Christopher just an infant!!

Next time we're in Utah (not sure when that will be) we'll have to catch up! It's been FOREVER! But you're a lot closer than Tennessee now...yeah!!

Congrats to the big graduate! Major accomplishment...and you deserve a pat on the back for enduring yourself. Keep updating so we can see what you're up to!

The Mendes Family said...

Mamie, your family is sooo cute! it's great to see you on here. How is Jeff and the rest of your brothers doing? You can keep in touch with my family on my blog, no kids for us just yet!
Stacey (Barnes)